Friday, December 31, 2010

Alan Wake....It's not a River.....What!?

So I finished Alan Wake. I really enjoyed it but there are some things that bother me.

Photobucket


The controls where too much like Resident Evil, not that its a bad thing! I just felt it would help make this game be more unique if it didn't just bother mechanics and controls from other games.

I got really tired of Alan constantly losing his guns and manuscripts EVERY cut scene! It became a run on joke!

The "Taken" could be overwhelming at times but not too difficult.

Um is that a Discoball Big Daddy?

The dialogue was awful and so was some of the voice acting.

It wasn't huge difference between this and Resident Evil. All it did was bring back the horror aspect to those games.

YOU FIGHT A TORNADO!!!! *at the end I did sing a lyric from Matt Hardy's theme that said "I can slap a Tornado"*

The ending made little sense to me and the final words spoken before the credits made it seem like the game was one big joke, and those last words where the punchline. Anyone who has beaten the game will understand what I mean.


Now I really did enjoy the game. The story although predictable and sometimes dumb was still pretty good. I did find myself saying out loud "Of course I need find a nearby generator!" which became kinda annoying after a while. Which was kinda where Alan Wake suffers. It became somewhat repetitive. Start this generator, kill these taken, guard this, and solve this EXTREMELY easy puzzle. Again repetitive gameplay and the combination of Luigi's Mansion and Resident Evil 5 mechanics still made this game really good!

I strongly hope the DLC explains what the ending was all about!

Alan Wake is available now on Xbox 360.

The 2 DLC Episodes are available on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 560 MS Points each.


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment